What is a Probate?
Probate is the judicial process whereby a will is “proved” in a court of laws and accepted as a valid public document that is the true last testament of the deceased, or whereby the estate is settled according to the laws of intestacy in the state of residence of the deceased at time of death in absence of a legal will.
Duties of Probate Administrators
Duties of a probate administrator include safeguarding assets, paying bills, debts & taxes, filing an inventory, distributing the estate and closing the probate estate.
How can we help?
Our professionals have been appointed by the Superior Court of California to serve as administrators of decedents’ probate estates. We are committed to managing each probate estate in a fiscally responsible manner, while providing transparency in all decisions and transactions.
Schedule for Range of Fiduciary Fees
Probate Administration Fees (Subject to Court Approval)
Fees payable to the Professional Fiduciary as the Personal Representative for customary services are authorized under Probate Code §10800 and, pursuant to Probate Code §10800 as follows:
• 4% of the first $100,000
• 3% of the next $100,000
• 2% of the next $800,000
• 1% of the next $9,000,000
• 0.5% of the next $15,000,000
• Court discretion after $25,000,000
In addition to statutory fees, pursuant to Probate Code §10801, extraordinary fees can be requested for services such as, but not limited to, tax issues, real property sales and litigation, which are subject to court approval. Our billing rates for such Fiduciary fees range from $155 to $375 depending on the associate and complexity of such service provided.
Guardianship/Conservatorship of the Person (Subject to Court Approval)
Hourly rates range from $155 – $245 per hour
Guardianship/Conservatorship of the Estate
(Guardian/Conservator fees are subject to court approval)
Professional Fiduciary hourly rate range$155 – $295 per hour
Asset – Based Trustee Fees:
Certified Strategies, Inc. (“CSI”) charges an annual administrative trustee fee (prorated monthly), taken periodically, as specified in the chart below:
|For each Interval Gross Asset Value||Standard Annual Percentage Fee|
|Up to $2,000,000*||1.1% of Gross Assets|
|$2,000,001 to $3,000,000||1.0% of Gross Assets|
|$3,000,001 to $4,000,000||.90% of Gross Assets|
|$4,000,001 to $5,000,000||.85% of Gross Assets|
|$5,000,001 to $15,000,000||.80% of Gross Assets|
|$15,000,001 and up||.60% of Gross Assets|
*If total gross assets do not exceed $1.5 million an hourly rate may apply in lieu of an Annual Percentage Fee. However, if assets do not exceed $2,000,000 a .3% premium respectively will be added to the fee.
- Real Estate and/or Material Asset sale will be subject to a 1% fee. Real Estate and/or Material Asset purchase and/or Loan will be subject to a 1% to 3% fee.
- Additional fees may be charged based upon extraordinary services rendered including, but not limited to excess concierge services, management and/or other any other work at the business/entity level for the underlying businesses and/or entities owned by the trust.
- Hourly rates range from $155 through $395 depending on provider and services performed, subject to annual adjustments of no greater than ten percent. A discount is provided for forensic accounting and other consulting services as standard billing rates are higher.